Planning something fun? Let us know!
Published on Thursdays as a pullout section of The Wilson Times and distributed independently at select locations, #WideAwakeWilson is Wilson County's one-stop guide for local events, activities, happenings and things to do. We welcome submissions of calendar listings as well as press releases and photos. Calendar listings are published free of charge as a public service the week of your event. Paid display advertising is available to help organizers get their message out in advance and make their events stand out from the crowd. Contact email@example.com for more information.
To ensure consistency and streamline the process, we've established the following calendar guidelines:
- Events should take place in The Wilson Times' readership and circulation area, which includes all of Wilson County as well as southern Nash County, northern Wayne and Johnston counties and western Edgecombe County.
- Submissions should be written in third-person. Please avoid the words “we,” “us” or “our.”
- If attendees are asked to register or RSVP, include the registration deadline and instructions.
- Send calendar listings no more than 60 days and no fewer than 14 days before a scheduled event.
- Photos are welcome, though we can't guarantee all we receive will be used. Event and sponsor logos will only be published in advertisements, not in calendar listings or #WideAwakeWilson stories.
- Churches are invited to share announcements for festivals and other special events open to the general public, but worship services will continue to be listed in the church calendar published in The Wilson Times' Life section on Saturdays.
- All submissions become property of The Wilson Times and are subject to editing for clarity, consistency, spelling, grammar and style.
The deadline for publication in #WideAwakeWilson is 3 p.m. on Mondays.