WILSON’S LOCAL PRINT AND DIGITAL COMMUNITY INSTITUTION SINCE 1896

Stove sparks Sunday house fire

Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.

Posted

Six occupants were displaced following a Sunday night kitchen fire on the 400 block of Garner Street W.

Wilson Fire/Rescue crews arrived around 7:30 p.m. to battle the blaze and extinguished the fire within a few minutes. While the fire was contained to the kitchen, there was smoke and heat damage throughout the home. Officials determined the blaze was caused by a malfunction with the stove.

Because of the extensive damage, authorities said the house could not be reoccupied, and the residents turned to friends and family for temporary housing. No one was injured in the incident.

Comments