Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
Six new Troop 6 Eagle Scouts were recognized recently at First United Methodist Church.
• Edwin Speight Daniel IV is the son of Ed and Charlotte Daniel and a senior at Fike High School. For his Eagle project, he and volunteers refurbished the dugouts at Toisnot Middle School, where he played baseball.
• Maxwell Brooks Fogleman IV, son of Brooks and Kelly Fogleman, is a senior at Fike High School. He installed blackout shades and provided safety bags for the weekday preschool at First Presbyterian Church.
• Parker Franklin Johnson removed and preserved hand tiles that were cemented in the sidewalk at the Wilson Arts Center’s outdoor stage. The Greenfield School junior is the son of Hugh and Wendi Johnson.
• Shane Steve Matrejek, son of Christopher and Barbra Matrejek, repainted the Green Room area at the Boykin Center for his Eagle project. He is a senior at Hunt High School.
• James McGuire Metts, a senior at Greenfield School, collected and delivered stuffed animals to fire stations in Wilson County. The toys were packaged and to be used by first responders to help calm children in emergencies. He is the son of Jobe and Peggy Metts.
• John Bratton Parker Jr., son of Elizabeth Black and Bratton Parker, is a senior at Fike High School. For his Eagle project, he constructed two new habitats for tortoises at Imagination Station.