Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
The Wilson County Board of Education’s regular meeting scheduled for Dec. 10 that was postponed because of snow has been reset for 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The board has 15 new policies that are on the agenda for second readings that will be considered for approval.
First up for action are 2018-19 budget amendments, capital projects and new high school course offerings.
The board will hear about school safety and how Wilson County Schools responds to bomb threats.
Policies to be considered for adoption include:
• Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying;
• Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying Complaint Procedure;
• Student and Parent Grievance Procedure;
• Prohibition Against Retaliation;
• Public Participation at Board Meetings;
• Testing and Assessment Program;
• Site Selection;
• Facility Design and Facility Construction;
• Prequalification of Bidders for Construction Projects;
• Supervision of Construction Contracts;
• Pest Management;
• Care and Maintenance of Grounds and Outdoor Equipment;
• Security of Facilities.
In closed session, the board will hear inter-district reassignment requests and personnel recommendations.
The school board meets at the Wilson County Schools central office, 117 Tarboro St.