WILSON’S LOCAL PRINT AND DIGITAL COMMUNITY INSTITUTION SINCE 1896

Prosecutors: Nash immigrant faces illegal reentry charge

Posted 3/12/19

Federal prosecutors say a Honduran national who’s previously been deported from the United States has been indicted following his discovery in Nash County.

Victor Nahum Perez-Colindres, 40, is …

Sign up to keep reading — IT'S FREE!

In an effort to improve our website and enhance our local coverage, WilsonTimes.com has switched to a membership model. Fill out the form below to create a free account. Once you're logged in, you can continue using the site as normal. You should remain logged in on your computer or device as long as you don’t clear your browser history/cookies.

Prosecutors: Nash immigrant faces illegal reentry charge

Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.

Posted

Federal prosecutors say a Honduran national who’s previously been deported from the United States has been indicted following his discovery in Nash County.

Victor Nahum Perez-Colindres, 40, is charged with illegal reentry of a deported alien, according to Don Connelly, a spokesman for U.S. Attorney Robert Higdon of the Eastern District of North Carolina.

Perez-Colindres has previous convictions of possession of a firearm and ammunition, Connelly said. If convicted of illegal reentry of an aggravated felon, he could face up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Enforcement and Removal Operations division is investigating the case, Connelly said in a Thursday news release.

The U.S. attorney’s office did not specify where in Nash County Perez-Colindres was found or describe the circumstances surrounding his capture. The release notes that all individuals facing criminal charges are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty in court.

Comments