WILSON’S LOCAL PRINT AND DIGITAL COMMUNITY INSTITUTION SINCE 1896

Grease fire displaces Wilson resident

Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.

Posted

No one was injured when unattended cooking led to a Wednesday night apartment fire.

Wilson Fire/Rescue crews responded shortly before 7 p.m. to a fire at an apartment on the 1800 block of Butterfield Lane.

“The responding units made a quick attack to gain control of a fire in the kitchen,” said Deputy Chief Jim Campbell.

Crews extinguished the blaze. Police responded to secure the scene, Wilson Energy crews shut off the utilities and Wilson County EMS ensured workers and the resident were safe.

“The fire was investigated and the occupant had left a pot of grease on the stove unattended,” according to the fire report.

Comments