Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing to The Wilson Times.
Fike High athletic director Tom Nelson announced the starting dates and times for fall sports tryouts. Nelson also reminded that all prospective student-athletes will need an updated physical form on file as well as an emergency contact form, concussion form and eligibility consent form filled out and signed by the student and a parent.
The Fike tryout schedule is as follows:
• Varsity and junior varsity football: Monday, July 30, 8-11 a.m.
• Varsity and J.V. boys soccer: Monday, July 30, 6-7 p.m. (bring cleats and tennis shoes)
• Varsity and J.V. Volleyball: Monday, July 30, 6-8 p.m. in gym
• Girls tennis: Monday, July 30, 3-5 p.m.
• Cross-country: Wednesday, Aug. 1, 4:30 p.m. (meet at picnic shelter at Gillette Park)
• Girls golf: Thursday, Aug. 16, 3:30 p.m. at Willow Springs Country Club