WILSON’S LOCAL PRINT AND DIGITAL COMMUNITY INSTITUTION SINCE 1896

Days Inn evacuated after fire

Posted 7/15/19

A cooking fire was quickly extinguished Sunday night at an area hotel.

Wilson Fire/Rescue crews responded around 8:30 p.m. to the Days Inn at 1801 Tarboro St. S. and saw smoke billowing from a …

Sign up to keep reading — IT'S FREE!

In an effort to improve our website and enhance our local coverage, WilsonTimes.com has switched to a membership model. Fill out the form below to create a free account. Once you're logged in, you can continue using the site as normal.

Days Inn evacuated after fire

Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.

Posted

A cooking fire was quickly extinguished Sunday night at an area hotel.

Wilson Fire/Rescue crews responded around 8:30 p.m. to the Days Inn at 1801 Tarboro St. S. and saw smoke billowing from a second-floor room upon their arrival. Officials said firefighters got the fire under control within five minutes of arriving and spent the rest of the time ventilating the rooms on both floors. According to fire reports, the fire was caused by unattended cooking.

“The fire was determined accidental as the occupant was the maintenance manager who had been called for service to another room,” reports state.

No one was injured or displaced because of the incident. The hotel only had minor damages.

Comments