Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing to The Wilson Times.
The return of outboard powerboat racing to Buckhorn Reservoir has been delayed.
Due to travel concerns and competitors affected by the aftermath of Hurricane Florence, the Carolina Virginia Racing Association has decided to postpone the Buckhorn Regatta, which was originally scheduled for the weekend of Sept. 21-23.
The new dates for the event are Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 20-21.
Sanctioned by the American Power Boat Association, Southeast Divisional championships were scheduled to run in the modified and junior classes.
Racing was also scheduled for the stock division.
“We had lots of racers affected by the storm, and there is too much unknown with travel conditions,” Abby Pond of the CVRA told the Times via email. “We are currently discussing the option of rescheduling the race until later in October.”